In these Terms, references to “we” or “us” are to WineForYou.net owned and operated by ASTRANTIA HILLS NIGERIA LIMITED, Lagos, Nigeria.
The Contract Between Us
Your order is an offer to buy from us. A contract is not formed until we accept payment for your order which is when we dispatch the order. Should payment not clear before the dispatch date we reserve the right to terminate the order.
WineForYou.net reserves the right to amend orders already taken and acknowledged in order to ensure fair distribution of wines in limited supply, or in the event of stock being no longer available.
- Quality – If you buy any of our wines and you don’t like a bottle, we will refund you the amount paid for that bottle or replace it with another bottle of similar value. If you have bought a whole case of one particular wine, then we will be unable to replace or refund all. However, we can replace the singular bottle that has been opened. If you have bought a mixed case of wine to which case, we will be happy to replace the singular bottle not enjoyed.
- Non-acceptance – may be a result of one of the following:
- The product(s) you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- Our inability to verify that you are aged over 18
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
Wine and Breakages
- Breakages – In the event that any of the bottles in your case are damaged, please let us know within 24 hours and we will credit your account with the price you paid for the damaged bottles or a proportion of the total case price representing the proportion of the case contents which has been damaged in the event of a case of mixed wines sold.
- If you have any queries regarding delivery, please contact us at support@WineForYou.net.
- Availability – Wine is an agricultural product and runs out from time to time. If you order a case of wine, we may change some of the bottles, but we never use this as an opportunity to advertise a good wine and supply plonk. We promise that we will only ever replace up to three bottles without asking. If you ever have cause to disagree with our choice of replacements, we will give you a credit for any of the bottles that we have switched, no questions asked.
- Claiming under our customer promise – If you need to claim under our customer promise, then notify us by email on support@WineForYou.net
- Customer satisfaction – If you are dissatisfied with our performance in any way, please contact our customer services department immediately. At WineForYou.net, we aim to deal with all enquiries fairly, confidentially and quickly. We will acknowledge your contact within 24 hours. We try to resolve most issues immediately, but where this is not possible, we will keep you informed about progress until a satisfactory resolution has been achieved. We are continually improving our service, but if you have any particular ideas or suggestions about how we can improve, please send them to: support@WineForYou.net
- Right To Terminate – This Customer Promise is here for the good of all of our customers. If we feel that it has been abused, we reserve the right to close your account, by inactivating it, once we have met our obligations under this promise. If we do inactivate your account, and you choose to make another purchase, whether through that account or any other, then our obligation to you for any claim will be limited to your statutory rights and we will not be bound to deliver our full Customer Promise.
Prices and Description
Wine descriptions and prices payable are set out in our main Lists, offers and on the website. Prices are valid for the period published in printed material but WineForYou.net reserves the right to alter prices without notice in the event of major currency fluctuations, changes in the rate of duty, VAT or other taxes, or other market conditions. If, in error, we have under-priced a wine, we will not be liable to provide it to you at the published price provided we notify you before we despatch the item or, in the case where we are not despatching an item, within two working days of our acceptance of your order. In this case we may cancel your order provided we refund any payments you have made. Similarly, should we make an error in the description of a wine, we will not be liable to provide the wine described, provided we notify you before a contract has been formed.
All prices are quoted in GBP and may be per bottle or per case, as marked. The prices include duty and VAT, unless otherwise specified. Any delivery charges are additional, unless otherwise specified.
Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on our Sites is accurate occasionally an error may occur, and products may be incorrectly priced. In the event that a product you have ordered is listed at an incorrect price we will contact you by telephone or email before despatching your products asking you to confirm if you still wish to proceed with your order at the correct price or cancel your order. If you do not confirm that you wish to proceed with the order within seven days of the date of our email, we will consider this is a withdrawal of your order.
Where a particular wine is part of a pre-mix case with a general discount applied, the discounted price for the case is relative to the non-discounted prices for the constituent wines.
We reserve the right to alter prices without notice in the event of major currency fluctuations, changes in the rate of duty, VAT or other taxes or import tariffs (including but not limited to the imposition of any new or replacement duty or tariff by the WTO or any other competent authority domestic or international) or other market conditions. We also reserve the right to terminate any special offer at any time, without notice.
Wineforyou.net accepts payment made by Visa and MasterCard issued Credit Cards. Authorisation will be done at the time of purchase and for the full amount of the Wine selected. The billing descriptor on your cred card statement will appear as AHN WFY, LAGOS. Should you have any issues making a payment please contact us directly.
Cancellations, Replacements and Refunds
If you buy any of our wines and it is faulty or you don’t like a bottle, please see our promise section above.
If you change your mind about some or all of your order, you may also cancel your order up to and including 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive your order and we will arrange to collect (free of charge) the unwanted products and reimburse the appropriate sum paid including delivery costs (up to the amount charged for the least expensive kind of delivery service we offer) within 14 calendar days after the day on which you tell us that you wish to cancel. However, if you handle the goods whilst they are in your possession in a way which would not be permitted in a shop (for example, by opening a bottle of wine or removing a seal), we will reduce your refund to reflect the reduction in the value of the goods.
Please let us know if you wish to cancel an order by contacting our Customer Services team using one of the methods in the “Contact Us” section. If you are emailing us or writing to us, please include details of your order to help us identify it.
All refunds given will be made by the same payment method you originally used to make payment.
We won’t sell wine to anyone who isn’t 18 years old or over or 21 depending on country law. Sorry, but that’s the law. When you register your details you will be required to enter a valid date of birth to confirm you are 18 or 21 (if applicable by law) years old. By placing an order, you also confirm that you are at least 18 or 21 (if applicable by law) years old.
Customers Private In Bond Reserves
Any wine selected the is “In Bond” will not have any Duty and VAT paid on them. WineForYou.net will store this for you and when you decide to have these delivered, VAT and Duty must be paid upon release.
You may store any of the following products bought from us in our private In Bond Reserves:
- A full Case of a single wine;
- a Case made up of a mix of products selected by you
- a pre-mixed Case offered by us as a mixed case
- Individual bottles.
- We will store your Wine in our In Bond Reserves separate from our own stock and identified as your property, and maintain a separate record of your Win
- You may request your In Bond Reserves Wine at any time, please contact us in writing and we will be able to release it to you.
Storage of your own wine
We will store any Wine purchased from us and it is our duty to;
- Store in a location that is safe and will not reduce the quality of the Wine is any way.
- That the Wine appears to be as described by you; and that the contents of each Case were as depicted in the photographs sent to you, at the time they were taken.
- We cannot and do not give any warranty as to the nature or condition of the contents of any individual bottle.
Our obligations in respect of In Bond Reserves
When any Goods are delivered to our In Bond Reserves, our guarantee is as follows:
- To take all reasonable care to keep it safely and in optimum conditions; and
- In the unlikely event of the total loss of any of your Wine we will aim to replace that Wine. If that is not possible, we will reimburse its fair market value at the date of such loss as we determine
Arranging withdrawal and delivery of your In Bond Reserves Wine
You can withdraw your Wine at any time by contacting our customer support team. WineForYou.net require you to:
- List the Wines you wish to withdraw
- State the address to which you wish them to be delivered.
- On receipt of your withdrawal request we shall arrange withdrawal and delivery of the relevant Wines to you, and send you an invoice for the amount payable in respect of any applicable customs, excise duty, VAT and/or delivery charges
- Delivery will be completed when we deliver the relevant In Bond Reserve Wine to you or in accordance with your instructions at the delivery address stated in your withdrawal request.
- Our deliveries are made by third party carriers. Some standard deliveries do not require a signature. If you are out, the delivery driver may be able to leave your order for you in accordance with the instructions that you gave us
- You should keep your delivery note and all packaging and should notify us immediately if any of the order is missing or damaged. Should you request the wine to be delivered on a signature required service, please ensure that you are available to sign for delivery.
Our right of retention
- We reserve the right to decline to release wines held in our In Bond Reserves if and for so long as any amount due to us, however incurred, is outstanding on your account.
- In any such case you will remain fully liable for charges until you have cleared your account and we are able to release the wine to you.
We use secure servers with state-of-the-art encryption and secure sockets layer (SSL) technology for the transfer of credit card information. Additionally, we have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally.
It is your responsibility to protect your password from being disclosed to any third party.
Limitation of liability
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- loss or damage was not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
- loss or damage was not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier;
- loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers.
- we will not be liable for loss or damage caused by the customer handling the wine. In particular we will not be liable for spillages or breakages caused by the customer.
Customers should also be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings:
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
- A case of wine is heavy so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight, we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time.
- Red wine in particular may cause staining if spilt so extra care should be taken.
- Sparkling wines and champagnes can be volatile due to the build-up of gasses extra care should be taken when opening these.
Intellectual Property Rights
All present and future copyright, design rights, unregistered designs, database rights, registered and unregistered trademarks and any other present and future intellectual property rights and rights in the nature of intellectual property rights existing in and to the Sites including content published on them such as text, graphics, logos, banners, images, buttons, underlying source code and software, are owned by us or the applicable licensor. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as an assignment to you of any such intellectual property rights.
Any use (including copying, reproduction, duplication, transmission, or display of the content of this website, without our express written permission) for purposes other than the viewing of information or for ordering purposes, is strictly prohibited.
Permission is granted to electronically copy, and to print in hard copy, portions of the Sites for the sole purpose of placing an order with us or using the Sites as a shopping resource.
We reserve the right to suspend your use of the Sites at any time for operational, regulatory, legal or other reasons. We may terminate your use of the Sites and/or your account with us with immediate effect if you breach any of these Terms.
Amendments to these Terms
We may update or amend these Terms from time to time to comply with law or to meet our changing business requirements by amending this page without notice to you. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made. Such changes will be effective as soon as they are posted on the Sites. By continuing to use the Sites or purchasing products or services from us, you agree to be bound by the terms of these updates and amendments.
WineForYou.net is not liable for any failure to meet our obligations occasioned by circumstances beyond its control. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
These terms and conditions and any contract made shall be construed and operated in accordance with the laws of Nigeria. These Terms are governed by the laws of Nigeria and the courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes arising under or in relation to them and any contract made under them.
If any of these Terms are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the rest of the Terms remain in full force and effect. Only you and we are entitled to enforce these Terms.
We may freely transfer or assign any portion of our rights or delegate our obligations under these Terms. You are not entitled to transfer or assign, by operation of law or otherwise, any portion of your rights or delegate your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent.